Tuesday, June 10, 2014

'EDGE OF TOMORROW' Movie Review

Hello and welcome to my review on the movie "Edge of Tomorrow".


"Edge of Tomorrow" is a sci-fi, action movie starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt.
For starters let me just say and get it completely out in the open that for a long time now
I'm not sure why or how it got started but I am not a fan of Tom Cruise and merely that interested in any of the movies his been involved with.
Apart from "Tropic Thunder" where honestly I had no idea he was hiding underneath the awesome Les Grossman.

Edge of Tomorrow is an excellent movie with incredible style and an intense, solid plot.
I believe it takes me back to the good old days of gaming where the likes of Halo and Gears of War is tested out on the big screen. 


Cruise's role as Major William Cage was funny and enjoyable to watch. So much so that I completely forgot Cruise was in it. That really did something for me and I'm curious and interested in checking Cruise's previous films. Maybe there has been something special that I've been missing out all this time.

The plot takes us on a journey and uses the "Groundhog Day" essence of repeating the same day over and over as the intelligent tool of this movie, and not once does it get repetitive.
After initially seeing the preview months ago, it didn't strike as a movie to invest my time however the visuals, storyline and comedy timing proves to be a movie I'll definitely be seeing again in the future.

My rating for "Edge of Tomorrow" is 9/10.


You can also find me on:


LIKED THIS REVIEW? LEAVE A COMMENT AND SHARE IT AMONGST YOUR FRIENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment